Friday, September 19, 2014

Celebrate Your Day

I was enabling showing a friend the neat things you could do with Distress Inks and embossing.  I didn't have anything in mind on what I would do until I saw the sketch for Viva la Verve and a couple of other challenges that appeared on my blog reader this morning.  And all the stars aligned...  :)

I trimmed down my background sheet that I had clear embossed and sponged with Broken China and Seedless Preserves to make a tag.  I punched out two circles with the remaining scrap; added some faux stitching with my white gel pen, ribbon, twine and sequins to complete my card.  And there's a trio of trios  - 3 flowers, 3 circles, and 3 colors of sequins (white, purple, and black)!
Diana Nguyen, Verve, Poppy Birthday, birthday, distress inks


Recipe:
Inks:  Tim Holtz Broken China and Seedless Preserves
Paper:  Black and white card stock, watercolor paper, and vellum
Accessories: Circle punches, sequins, ribbon, clear embossing powder, white gel pen and twine


  

Challenges I am playing in:


Have a great weekend!