Friday, October 24, 2014

Warm glow

I tried a couple of new things today.  I wanted to use the candle die from  Impression Obsession Christmas Icons among some pine needles but it was a little too cute and short.  So I tried partial die-cutting to make the candle taller.  I die cut the first half, turned it around, moved the die down a bit to line up the middle of the candle and die cut the bottom half.  That made no sense, did it?    Here is a tutorial on something similar that might make what I said clearer.    In honor of October Cancer Awareness Month, I made a pink candle.  I also fussy cut a backing out of silver metallic paper.


CAS, candle, card, Diana Nguyen, Impression Obsession, Christmas Icons, partial die-cutting

The other thing I tried was making a candle glow by using circular masks.  I punched several circles, the smallest being 3/4" and gradually used larger circles.  The center I sponged with Only Orange and then Summer Sun as I used the larger circle masks.  Since I didn't change sponge daubers, I got a graduated look.  For the tip of the candle, I swiped the flame in Versamark and used gold embossing powder to cover the pink metal.

CAS, candle, card, Diana Nguyen, Impression Obsession, Christmas Icons, partial die-cutting

Hope you try something new and fine more uses for what you already have!

Recipe:
Accessories:  Punker Me Pink Metal Craft Sheet and Gold embossing powder


challenge 48


Challenge I am playing in: