Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Christmas Ornament Card


This week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such is Trim A Tree with gold and/or silver.  I think gold and silver are such classic colors for a Christmas tree.  As much as I enjoy everyone else's non-traditional colors on their tree, mine are always gold and silver with touches of red.  I'm always tempted to branch out but I think about storage and that will usually stop me from changing my decor!  

For my card I started with silver metallic card stock.  The next layer is white card stock embossed with a Darise Hanging Ornaments embossing folder.  I then made a double matted window using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A by cutting out the silver frame first by nesting two dies.  I then matted that with green cardstock, adhered them together, replaced the smaller die and then ran it through again so that the green now has a perfectly aligned window.  I then die cut out a couple of Impression Obsession Pine Branches and the two ornaments from Impression Obsession Christmas Icons on the gold SB Precious Metals Craft Foil.  The frame as well as the top ornament is popped up using small Joy! foam pads.  Finally, I added a red ribbon, silver DMC floss, and a tiny jingle bell to my card.  Thank you so much for looking!


Diana Nguyen, Christmas, Impression Obsession Christmas Icons, Pine branch

Diana Nguyen, christmas



Recipe:
Accessories:  SB Precious Metals Craft Foilsmall Joy! foam pads, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, silver DMC floss, jingle bell, hanging ornaments embossing folder


Challenges I am playing in:


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely classy and beautiful, Diane! I love how you paired up the intricate dies and made them work so beautifully together! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty!! I love the shiny gold ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!