Tuesday, November 4, 2014

O Holy Night

For the first ODBD Shining the Light Challenge in November to make a Holiday card, I made a Christmas card.  O Holy Night is one of my two favorite Christmas songs ever!  The other is O Come, O Come Emmanuel is the other if you really want to know.  :)  And of course, it was running through my head as I made this card.  I made the background by clear embossing snowflakes from the Sparkling Snowflakes set and then sponging with distress inks.  Then I used a small brush to splatter some perfect pearls.  The largest die from the new die set Flourished Star Pattern is perfect for a background panel - it's just the right size to leave a nice mat on an A2 card and is perfectly pierced - something that's SO hard for me to do. I cut off the leaves from my Fancy Foliage Flourish - it made me think of a cold gust of wind.  The silver card stock of course refused to photographed properly - trust me, it's a cool wind and not smoke!  :)


Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, Christmas

Recipe:
Stamps:  ODBD Sparking Snowflakes and Snowflake Stars
Inks:  Seedless Preserves and Salty Ocean
Accessories:  Sequins and Perfect Pearls


And make sure you check out my fellow CT sisters for more wonderful inspiration:

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.  You have until November 16, 2014 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to be placed in a monthly drawing to win a $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on the first challenge of each month.We would love to see your creations.


Challenges I am playing in: