Monday, December 8, 2014

CCNS62: Classic Christmas

Today I am sharing a card I made with the classic colors of Christmas.  I always have such a hard time combining patterned paper - until I realized that the papers in a pack always go wonderful with each other.  So now I just need to stop buying individual sheets.  :)  Another easy way to make a card is to use My Favorite Things Blueprints.  The elements practically build themselves into a card.  Here I used MFT Blueprint 13 with paper from Recollection Botanical Noel.  I added a bow to my fishtail - always add a bit of interest to turn things on its side.  I die-cut the  Impression Obsession Merry Christmas twice - once in white and another in gold card stock.  I layered them on my card, off-setting them just a bit for a shadow effect.  I find this help make such an ornate die easier to read against a patterned background.  Finally, a white Poppy Stamps Small Blooming Poinsettia with a gold glitter center against a couple of sprigs from Martha Stewart's pine branch punch to balance the white bow.  Thank you for looking and hope you can play along with this week's Wrapping challenge here at Classy Cards 'n Such.

Diana Nguyen, Christmas, card, Impression Obsession, Poppy Stamps, poinsettia

Recipe:
Paper:  Recollection Botanical Noel and Neenah white card stock
Accessories:  MS branch punch, white satin ribbon, gold glitter

Challenges I am playing in:


2 comments:

  1. Diana you are so talented! Love the look of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful classic card! very elegant :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!