Monday, January 26, 2015

CCNS69: i heart u shaker card

Hi, I'm back with another shaker card!  I hope you are not too tired of them.  It's quite easy to take an element in a card to turn it into a shaker card or vice versa.  Here I used Spellbinders Heart Circles (on sale now in the Classy Cards 'n Such store) to make my frame.  I even saved some of the red hearts from the negative of the dies to use inside my shaker element.  I used both Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A and the stitched die from MFT Blueprint 13 for my layers.

Diana Nguyen, shaker card, Lawn Fawn, alphabet dies, SB Heart Circles

The shaker element was made using foam and 1/8 Scor-tape to secure my layers.  I love my Scor-tape - it's so strong and easy to use and with shaker cards that might get lots of handling, you want a strong tape.  Before I adhered everything together, I added a silver heart element and glued it to the center of my back layer.  Out of the same SB Precious Metals Craft Foil, I die cut the letters i and u using Lawn Fawn's Quinn's lowercase alphabet dies.  Finally, I used my white gel pen to add some stitching detail to my heart doily to match the stitching around the edge of my card.

Diana Nguyen, shaker card, Lawn Fawn, alphabet dies, SB Heart Circles

Thank you for looking and hope you get a chance to join our Letter It challenge!

Challenges I am Playing in:



2 comments:

  1. I love that you used some of the little red hearts in the shaker portion of the card - another great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shaker card.
    Thanks for playing along at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!