Monday, January 19, 2015

Quietfire Queen of Hearts Blog Hop

Welcome to the Quietfire Design Queen of Hearts Blog Hop!  We'll be showing lots of LOVE this week!  :)

Kathy Jo and I are starting off the blog hop this week.  Here's my card:


I made a wedding card for this gorgeous quote.  I used Spellbinders Arch One dies against a brick embossed background for a cathedral feel.  I then added a leafy flourish from Cheery Lynn dies and roses (instead of cutting off the wiry stem from the roses, I curled them around a small brush handle for a tendril look).  The vellum leaves were punched using Martha Stewart's frond punch and what's a wedding card without some pearls?  

I have to admit, it took me a bit to "get" this quote.  I guess because we'd like to think that love is certain - or at least one would hope so!  But here in the States, there's a commercial with this guy who says he's never getting married, then he's shopping for a ring, who declares that he's not having a kid, then he's in the labor room; never moving to the suburbs, then does; never buying a mini-van and voila - he's washing one... So in essence, you never know what your heart is capable of when you love someone.   That's my take on it, anyway!  :)  What's yours?


Isn't that Love gorgeous with all those flourishes?!

The Future is Uncertain - Mounted


Here is our Blog Hop Schedule and the dates each designer will be posting (Click on each person's name to go to their blog):

Jan 19 - Kathy Jo and Diana (you're here)

Jan 20 - Sherry and Yogi

Jan 21 - Yvonne and Teresa 

Jan 22 - Wanda and Robyn 
Jan 23 - Suzanne 


For a chance to win a Quietfire rubber stamp (Don’t be shy!) leave a comment below before midnight Sunday January 25th, 2015. A winner will be randomly chosen from my list of comments and the winner's name will be posted on Quietfire Creations shortly afterwards. If you haven't done so already, go back and leave comments on all the designers Queen of Hearts blog posts! 

GOOD LUCK and happy hopping!