Monday, January 19, 2015

CCNS68: Winter Shaker Card

Hi, I'm back with another shaker card.  I just love making them and I think they are fun to receive too!  Today I am added a shaker element to my fishtail banner.  The layers are made by die-cutting MFT Blueprint 13 from white card stock.  With the background layer, I made a snowflake background using Dreamweaver's white embossing paste and  Memory Box Winter Tiny Snowflakes Stencil.  Setting that aside to dry, I started working on my shaker element.  First, I centered the new release from Poppy Stamps Serendipity Bird Frame on my banner.  I then used the same die on SB Precious Metals Craft Foil in silver foil and again on Scarlet Metal Sheet.  Before adhering my layers together, I traced the oval opening onto some fun foam to make room for my beads.  I then used 1/8 Scor-tape to adhere my layers:  white cut out banner, clear acetate, and then fun foam.  I then wrapped some silver DMC floss around my banner before I placed my beads where my opening would be; then used more 1/8 Scor-tape to adhere my layered banner onto my snowflake embossed background.
Diana Nguyen, shaker card, winter, bird, white, Our Daily Bread Designs, poppy stamps

I then glued on my silver branched frame and popped up the red birds onto the acetate with small Joy! foam pads.  Finally, I tied a knot to my silver floss, added a little tag featuring a sentiment from ODBD Mini Tag Sentiments and Die set embossed with silver detail embossing powder.  

Diana Nguyen, shaker card, winter, bird, white, Our Daily Bread Designs, poppy stamps

Thank you so much for looking and I hope you will find some time to play along with our Winter Birds Challenge here at Classy Cards 'n Such!



Other Challenges I am playing in:

CHALLENGE #58- COLOR CHALLENGE


7 comments:

  1. This might just be one of my favorites yet! The pop of the red birds and the few red beads are just so reminiscent of the breathtaking cardinals we often see in our trees after a snow. Even though there are many different components to this card, it doesn't come across as "too busy" at all, and it makes it much easier to enjoy all the different subtle elements here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning shaker design, Diana! So happy you could join us at the Dazzling Diva challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beyond gorgeous, Diana! Love, love, love the shaker element and the use of the frame die to create it- that die is 'to die for'! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Add a Little Dazzle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!
    L O V E the Shaker Card!! <3
    The Birds are soooo ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing creation !

    Susi

    would be great you link it to our ANYTHING GOES theme over at
    MOO-MANIA & MORE -CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card. I love how you have used the metals sheets and its a shaker too just awesome. :)
    Thanks for playing along at add a little dazzle.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!