Monday, February 9, 2015

Bible Journaling

I love it that I have more uses for my stamps and stencils than just on card.  (Let's not get started on how behind I am in my scrapbooks.  <-- Now that is an ironic statement!)  I'm much better at lettering than drawing so those stamps are coming in handy.  Here are some of my recent Bible Journaling pages.  

This was for Week 5 of the Bible Art Journaling Challenge.  I used Tim Holtz stencil for my rays, my globe is from ODBD The Earth and the cross is from Verve.  I used watercolor pencils and SU! Inks as well as a metallic gold pen from Sakura.


John 3:16 is perhaps one of the most well-known and memorized Bible verses of all time.  It is my kids' first full verse that they learn.  But I was really struck by the following verses about light.  The words are from a sermon last week where my pastor asked, "God LOVED us and GAVE us His Son.  We claim to LOVE Him so what do we give Him?"  Again, the timing between the challenge and the sermon... not a coincidence!  :)

Here are a couple more from this past week.



I've been getting a lot of inspiration from Pinterest and keeping them in my Bible Journaling Board.  I keep my own art as well as others that I would like to CASE someday there.  I'd love it if you follow me here or there! :)






2 comments:

  1. Wow! I just popped by when I saw your post header on the Quietfire blog. Your work is beautiful! I shall take a look at the challenge but I won't be participating....well maybe one day in the future I could do something with a special Bible for our son. Thank you for the inspiration, your creativity is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!