Monday, February 2, 2015

Birthday Shaker Card

Good morning!  Today is my son's 9th birthday and though I've been thinking of a card in my head for a couple of weeks, I didn't get around to making it until today... on his birthday... after he left for school.  Mom fail.  But I think he'll like this as I tried to use his favorite color - gold - and it's a fun shaker card.  There is a Lego set waiting for him so all will be well!  :)

Diana Nguyen, shaker card, birthday

I started with a stitched panel from MFT Blueprint 13 and embossed it with a Happy Birthday embossing folder.  I then used two Lil' Inkers Stitched Circles for my shaker element.  The number 9 is die-cut from gold metal craft sheet and Lawn Fawn's number dies.  After I adhered the shaker, something was lacking so I added some gold twine and sequins.  Much better!  

Thanks so much for looking and I hope you have a great week!

Challenges I am playing in: