Monday, February 2, 2015

CCNS70: Shabby Chic Valentine

Hi, I'm sharing with you a card out of my comfort zone.  I think the number of shabby chic cards I've made can count on one hand.  But sometimes a challenge is just that - a challenge!  So if I can play along, hope you can too!  

I started with scrap paper I found that had soft coloring.  My next layer is a white die cut with Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight popped up with small Joy! foam pads.  Next came some a heart from ODBD Ornate Hearts Dies cut from Recollections Luxury Stack and sponged with Distress Inks Worn Lipstick.  I then added a strip of music from Memory Box Virtuoso Music.  I had just gotten some Wild Orchid Flowers and I clustered them on top of Memory Box Amira Flourish from gold card stock and half a doily pleat-folded.  Instead of snipping off the wire end of the flowers, I curled them into tendrils for more texture.  Finally, a tag embossed in gold with a sentiment from ODBD Ornate Frame Sentiments and Mini Tag Dies and lots of pearls!  

Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, music, Vintage Filigree Die, shabby chic, wild orchid flowers, Memory Box, Almira Flourish

I think I need more practice with shabby chic but this was fun to step outside my usual cards.  Hope you can play and have fun too with this week's Classy Cards 'n Such Shabby Chic Heart challenge!


Other challenges I am playing in:











1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a message!