Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Window into Spring

It's finally feeling like spring here!  I'm so excited.  There's still snow on the ground but spring is in sight!!!  Some days it even looks nice and sunny from the window.  

I made a window for my card by die-cutting the Poppystamps Grand Madison Window twice.  I sponged some Tattered Rose on a sheet of vellum and used 1/8 Scor-tape to sandwich it between the window die-cuts.  I also cut out a rectangle in my cardbase so that whatever is written inside would just peak through the vellum.  I sponged a bit of Salty Ocean on the card base for just a bit of contrast.   I then added a green floral vellum Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish.  I then popped up a PoppyStamps Cheviot Butterfly and  Delaney Butterfly  in the corner.  The bottom butterfly was colored with distress inks Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean.  I just love these layered butterflies!


Diana Nguyen, Poppystamps, Butterfly, card

Challenges I am playing in:



4 comments:

  1. This is really lovely, Diana. I love the vellum flourish, very clever! And the blue butterfly gives such a happy touch :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the butterfly and how you've used the window
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the shading on your butterfly and flourish across the window.
    Thank you for joining us at Poppystamps challenge Blog.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Diana! This butterfly is beautiful against the soft vellum in the window!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!