Saturday, April 4, 2015

Layered Thanks

I just got my Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks from Love Rubber Stamps - such a cute little die.  I was in the mood for some bright colors and had actually die cut the PoppyStamps Delaney Butterfly with a lavender metal craft sheet.  But then I wanted to use the water dew drops and so the Ocean Blue Metal Sheet went better with the Perfect Peacock Metal Sheet. And this is how I have so many die cuts of different colors laying around.  Sometimes you just don't know what you want until you see it on the card.

Poppystamps, Lawn Fawn, butterfly, Spellbinders Label 8, Diana Nguyen

But before I did all that, I used Spellbinders Decorative Label 8 to make a frame.  Since I needed both the Decorative Label 8 and the Label 8 to make an open frame, I used white fun foam to thicken my die cut.  It would have been much more difficult to make cut several frames and make sure each frame was exactly the same.  I also popped up the thanks die and added some foam tape to the last four letters to keep it at a consistent height since the "th" rested on the frame.  I love the floating look! And since the butterfly is out of craft metal sheet backed with card stock, I could bend the wings easily. 

Poppystamps, Lawn Fawn, butterfly, Spellbinders Label 8, Diana Nguyen

Challenges I am playing in:


8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love those metallic die cuts. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous to see the metal being used! This card is fabulous!! Thanks for joining in at DD's~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pops of colour from the shiny metal is wonderful against all that white! Thanks for joining us at Poppystamps for our monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Diana! Thank you for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Diana! Thank you for sharing it with us in the Dazzling Diva Challenge. We look forward to your continued participation in our weekly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, I tried commenting earlier in the month and for some reason I wasn't having any luck. Thought I'd check back to say, I love your card. The metal butterfly is the perfect addition to this beauty. Happy crafting and thanks for joining this month's Poppystamps challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful elegant card Diana, love the pop of colour on the white card.
    Thank you for joining us at Poppystamps challenge Blog.
    Pam.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!