Tuesday, July 28, 2015

ODBDSLC248 Anything Goes with ODBD

It's the last challenge of the month at ODBD and that means anything goes!  I really love how versatile the rose is from the Fragrance stamp set.  I stamped it on watercolor paper and colored it watercolor brush pens.  I then die-cut it out using ODBD Matting Circles Dies. I embossed it, left it in the die and sponged just a bit of gray ink around the edges.  I then layered it a black Doily.  The background is made from repeatedly stamping the rose onto white card stock. 


Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, How Great Thou Art, Fragrance
I then embossed the song title How Great Thou Art in white.  I love this hymn - it's my dad's favorite and I remember learning to play it on the piano for him.  And no, I can't play it any longer.  :(  

I also did a bit of stamping inside the card - a portion from the hymn surrounded by more roses... my mom's favorite flower.  This card is definitely inspired by my parents.  

Diana Nguyen, Our Daily Bread Designs, How Great Thou Art, Fragrance

And please check out my other CT sisters for more wonderful inspiration:

To see all the projects created for this challenge or to join in the fun click here. You have until August 2, 2015 at 8:00pm EDT to join us. By participating in the challenge, you have a chance to win a  $15 ODBD Gift Certificate good towards the purchase of stamps in the “stamps column” on the ODBD website, or to be spotlighted on the ODBD Blog at our next challenge. The random prize winner will be posted on our next challenge post. Please do not post on Flicker as many of us do not have the ability to comment on your cards nor can we spotlight your cards on the blog.