Thursday, July 30, 2015

Twinkling Butterflies

Hello!  I'm combining a couple of my favorite things today:  watercolors and butterflies.  To make this card, I first collected all my dies that are what I called the thin outlines dies.  They are very dainty and are just full of possibilities.  Here I have the Open Scroll Leaf by Impression Obsession, PoppyStamps Delaney Butterfly, and the Memory Box Rhone Butterfly.  As you can see, they are by different companies so you can mix and match any of them that you have.  

First, I made a frame using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A and set that aside.  I then die cut a couple of each of my outline dies in white card stock.  I placed them inside my frame and glued one set very slightly where I wanted them.  The next step is to use my Twinkling H2O's Thankful set to color around the die cuts and the inside of the butterflies.  The dies help me not to bleed too much outside of the lines but I think that would be a cool effect too.  I then removed the dies and glued on fresh white ones.






I also decided to add a sentiment from Mama Elephant stamped and heat embossed with black detail embossing powder onto vellum.  I wrapped the vellum around the painted watercolor paper and then popped up my frame with small Joy! foam pads to hide the seams.

Diana Nguyen, Delaney butterfly, vivienne, rhone, mama elephant

I hope you like it and that the pictures were helpful!

Challenges I am playing in:


3 comments:

  1. hello Diana! stunning, this is awesome, thanks for sharing the deets on how you created this lovely card! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!