Monday, August 24, 2015

CCNS99: Teacher thanks

Are you ready for school to start?  I am!  I love school supply shopping - getting organized - cooler weather - it's all great!  It also means thinking about ways to thank teachers because I truly appreciate them teaching my kids.  I don't want to make the same cards as I did previously so I'm doing a makeover on a favorite from the last school year.


Diana Nguyen, Lawn Fawn, thanks, Teacher appreciation, apple, CAS

I started with a stitched edge rectangle made with MFT Blueprint 13 and ran it through with a Darice ruler embossing folder.  Because teachers are worth gold, I added a medallion by trimming the Spellbinders Mary Border Strip die cut made with the golden foil sheet from the SB Precious Metals Craft Foil collection.  I popped up a fussy cut a Hero Arts (set of 4) apple colored with Copics and a white gel pen using small Joy! foam pads.  I also brushed a generous coating with the Wink of Stella Glitter Pen all over the apple (before adding the white dots!)

Diana Nguyen, Lawn Fawn, thank, card, teacher, Hero Arts

I then tried a new-to-me method of embossing.  I had seen it done several times.  It's one of those techniques that sits in the back of my head that I say I will try someday... "some day" finally arrived! I first die cut my Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks out of black card stock.  Then I pressed my watermark ink pad onto it and covered it with clear embossing powder.  After I heat set that, I repeated the process again and achieved this wonderful glossy enamel look.  Now I wonder why I waited so long to try this!

Diana Nguyen, Lawn Fawn, thank, card, teacher, Hero Arts

I added some wood veneer from Studio Calico to finish my card.  I hope you like it and try a technique that you've been meaning to!


Challenges I am playing in: