Friday, August 21, 2015

Happy 8th birthday!

Hello!  Thanks for stopping by! I just made this card for my son's 8th birthday next week.  Normally I end up waiting until the night before but this week's Casology Number challenge reminded me.   :)

I used Louie's 123 by Lawn Fawn to make a negative die-cut layer for my card. The layer, including all the ovals and triangle from the numbers, were popped up.  The 8 is a die-cut from a blue Shimmer Sheetz that was nestled inside the 8.  I then embossed a birthday sentiment from Verve Poppy Birthday in white on black card stock. 

This design could easily be modified to fit any age - throw in a favorite color - or even a favorite animal holding the banner...I'll have to remember to revisit this idea. 


Thanks for looking!


Challenges I am playing in: