Friday, September 11, 2015

Sweet 'n Sassy September Release

Hello!  I'm so excited to join this month's release at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!  It's a great collection of Christmas stamps - my favorite season - not because of the cold - hate the cold - but love the reason for the season - Christ's birth!  I made two cards from two of the sets.  I just love silhouette stamps but also stamps that let me color and there are both in this month's release.




I got inky with my first card - I just pulled out my distress inks and sponged and masked and sponged and masked - I wanted the top darker so the stars could start coming out and brighter at the bottom to emphasize the silhouettes of the Three Kings.  I embossed the sentiment in silver - then went back and outlined one of the mats in silver to match.

Diana Nguyen, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, We three kings, Christmas card



For the second card, I went with a no-line watercoloring look by stamping in Distress Inks Tea Dye and using my watercolor markers to color in the images.  I fussy cut them out and popped them up against some patterned paper with the edges also sponged.

Diana Nguyen, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, bird, Christmas card




Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you get inspired by all the eye candy my teammates have created.  I know you'll be impressed by how versatile and different all the cards are!



Challenges I am playing in: