Thursday, September 3, 2015

You brighten my life

Here again with another shaker card... I hadn't cleaned up since the previous card so I might as well use it again, right?  How often does "what's out on my desk" determines what kind of card you make?

I just LOVE this Memory Box Fairyland butterflies.  The butterflies on there are just so pretty!  I had plans to make them colorful - or the background could be colorful - and here I went with white on white!  Haha! 

To make this shaker card, I started with the largest rectangle die from Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.  I then die cut out the Fairyland butterflies out of the rectangle.  I flipped it over, used lots of 1/8 Scor-tape to adhere my clear card stock.  This is the perfect tape for shaker cards - it is so strong and yet skinny enough to get between the small spaces of dies.  I don't like the use the liquid glue because they sometime smear onto the clear card stock and it just looks kind of messy to me.  Keeping it flipped over, I added tiny strips of foam tape around each individual butterflies as well as along the edge of the card.  It was a little tedious but I wanted each butterfly a unique color and to make sure that when I shook the cards, the sequins didn't start merging.  I then sealed everything together after I added the sequins with another large rectangle piece of card stock.

Diana Nguyen, shaker, Fairyland butterflies, memory box, card, lawn fawn


I then die-cut another Fairyland Butterflies out of DCWV white adhesive card stock for the front of the acetate window.  I also added a white embossed sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Life is Good stamp set on black card stock that was trimmed using another die from the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.


Thanks for looking!  Now off to clean my desk ... maybe...



Challenge I am playing in:  

4 comments:

  1. WOW !!! the impact this card has is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love every last minute of what you have achieved here. It may have taken time but its so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the butterflies used as the shaker "windows" - so beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week, hope you'll join us next week for our 200th challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Diana. The butterflies look like they're going to fly right off the paper. Stunning! Thanks so very much for sharing your amazing talents with us again this week. God bless you always, my creative friend.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!