Sunday, November 8, 2015

Illustrated Faith - Virginia

Yesterday I went with a friend to an Illustrated Faith workshop in Virginia.  We heard Shanna Noel speak of her journey as well as Lisa Hickman on writing in the margins.  I honestly didn't think I would be able to do much as I prefer to create in my own little space with everything around me... and in peace and quiet!  As you can imagine, it's not very quiet with 160+ women in one room.  :)  But it goes to show you that you only need some inspiration, pencil, Micron pen, eraser, and watercolor pencils... and because I'm me and I'm OCD that way, a compass.  

This first page was inspired by my friend next to me:
Diana Nguyen, illustrated faith, Bible Journaling, Old Testament

I'm going through Revelation with Bible Study Fellowship and this is so true!  Everything points towards Jesus.


The next one is just a tiny illustration from a sermon that Shanna Noel played.  I don't usually read the Message version of the Bible but the visual for Colossians 3:9-11 was really great.  In case you can't tell, it's a tag from inside a shirt because "Every item of your new way of life is custom-made by the Creator, with his label on it."  I will probably go back and thicken the red letterings on the creator and make the T look more like a cross.  Thanks again, Julie, for the tag idea!

The next section is on wives and household so I had to leave some room for that later!  Haha! 

Diana Nguyen, illustrated faith, Bible Journaling

There was also some extra time for journaling between testimonies and the speakers.  I had thought about this one for a awhile so I finally did Hebrews 6:19.  This was done with a Micron pen, watercolor pencils, and an anchor stamp.  

Diana Nguyen, illustrated faith, Bible Journaling, Hebrews, anchor

For all three entries, I drew and lettered lightly in pencil.  Once I was satisfied, I then went back and did everything with a Micron pen.  I added just touches of color with some brown and blue colored pencils.  But I brought along ink pads, stamps, sponge daubers, baby wipes, ruler.. I was prepared!  :)  

I had a very sweet table - so encouraging and friendly!  It's really neat to see women excited about the Bible journaling and I even met someone from my church there!

To see more of my pages and where I get ideas and inspiration, see my Pinterest Bible Journaling Board.