Monday, December 28, 2015

CCNS117: Let It Snow two ways

Hello!  Did you have a white Christmas?  Ours was just a bit damp but no snow.  Oh, well, I can still bring on the snowflakes in the craft room though!  I made two cards with this Let it snow Snowman stamp from Quietfire Design.  On the first one, I used clear embossing powder on plain white card stock and sponged in different blues:  Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, and Salty Ocean distress inks.  I then used Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A to trim it out as well as make a matting for my white card base.  I added some snowflakes using Impression Obsession Small Snowflake Set and popped up my sentiment with some large foam tabs.

Quietfire Design, Let it snow, impression Obsession, Diana Nguyen, snowflake

Quietfire Design, Let it snow, impression Obsession, Diana Nguyen, snowflake

For my second take, I clear embossed on watercolor paper and instead of distress inks, I used Ultramarine Blue color burst.  The card is brighter but the "let it snow" did not pop up as much so I colored it in with a white gel pen.  Which do you like better?

Quietfire Design, Let it snow, impression Obsession, Diana Nguyen, snowflake


1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a message!