Monday, January 4, 2016

CCNS118 Winter Fairies

Hello, Diana here with a winter inspired card.  And I am more inspired by this week's inspiration photo at CCNS than I am the weather outside.  It has been so mild and even hot on some days.  It's made me wish for snow more than usual... and I'm not even a big fan of winter!

To create my wintry blue card, I started with a sheet of watercolor paper that I sprayed with water and some Ultramarine Blue color bursts.  Once that dried, I trimmed it down with the largest die from Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.  I also cut from the same sheet the Impression Obsession Small Snowflake Set.  For my top layer, I once again started with the largest die from Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A but with white card stock.  I then used  Poppystamps Distressed Benson corner die cut - it gives a beautiful negative die cut with just the right amount of swirls. 

Diana Nguyen,Quietfire Design, winter, distressed Benson corner, poppystamps

I then stamped this quote from Quietfire Design's Deep Within the Winter Forest with Memento Luxe Nautical blue pigment die and added clear embossing powder over it.  Once I heat set that dry, I added the snowflakes using Art Institute glue to finish my card.

Diana Nguyen,Quietfire Design, winter, distressed Benson corner, poppystamps

Thank you so much for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!