Thursday, February 11, 2016

Starry Shaker Card

My son had seen some shaker cards I made in the past and wanted one for his birthday (along with cheese pizza for dinner.)  Love it when it's this easy!

To make this card, I started with a trimmed sheet of white card stock using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.  I then sponged several different shades of blues and purple distress colors including Seedless PreservesBroken China, and Tumbled Glass.  I then splattered some water mixed with Perfect Pearls for some extra shimmer.  

I made a navy frame using more rectangle dies and made the window using clear cardstock and foam tape.  I added star shaped confetti and glitter inside the card. My son also loves the metallic colors so I die-cut the Happy Birthday die from Elizabeth Craft Designs from gray card stock and embossed twice with silver embossing powder for an extra thick look.  I love how it looks like the Happy Birthday is floating above the card.

Quietfire Design, Happy Birthday, shaker card


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!