Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Let the Christmas card making begin in earnest

A Hobby Lobby opened about 30 minutes from my home months ago.  Somehow I never got around to going (which is a good thing for my wallet) but I finally was in that area on a Saturday and got this large alphabet die set from Momenta.  They are so big and bold - I love them!  The down side is that I can't get more than 3-4 letters on an A2 card unless I get really creative.  However, I did start on my Christmas cards combining them with this super adorable mini mistletoe wreath from Lawn Fawn.  I had a play date with my crafty friend Kelly and she is always kind enough to share new toys.


I stacked the J and Y on this one for a chipboard look - I love how it pops against that grey background which actually has a perfect touch of shimmer to it.


On the last one I used a technique I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog but I couldn't get a good picture.  I stacked layers of the white heart with the roses after I colored the bottom layer with Copics.  I then added Crystal Effects to the colored portion for a beautiful stained glass look.  The JOY is also stacked 5 times to match the thickness of the heart.



Challenges I am playing in:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!