Sunday, May 12, 2019

Love you, Mom

My mom is a wonderful gardener - her entire hand is green, not just her thumb.  She can stick a cutting into the ground and it will take root and bloom.  It's a bit ridiculous actually.  But she loves flowers and they bloom like mad for her.  

Me... well, let's just move on to paper crafting where even I can get those cymbidium orchids to bloom in any color I like.  For this card, a 5x7 card which is a bit bigger than my normal, I went with a very pale palette.  I wanted it very soft so I kept everything very neutral and even the orchids are a soft white/pink.  



I stamped "love you" in black Versafine ink and then clear embossed a heart over it.  I then sponged a soft light green to bring out the heart.  The wood panel is a Tim Holtz new 3D embossing folder that I sponged in a soft tan and green ink to bring out the grains.


Lots of matting layers and then inside is a sweet note for mom sponged in the same green.  There are a few videos out there on how to make the orchid by Susan's Garden Notes (a line of beautiful flower dies in Elizabeth Craft Designs) but I chose very pale pink for the flowers and used Zig Clean color brush for the inside of the flowers.



Don't you love the sentiment from A Mother's Greatest Mastepiece by Quietfire Design inside?  
Happy Mother's Day to you!




Love & Hearts Collection - Clear Stamps


A Mother's Greatest Masterpiece - Set of 4 Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!