Sunday, May 10, 2020

Keepsake box for mom

Hello!  I'm sharing a keepsake box for my project for the Elizabeth Craft Designs group post for Mother's Day.  Hop on over there for more inspiration!

I had kept the box my garlic press had came in - it was so nicely made.  There's a little ribbon tab and the box pulls out.  The width of the box is just shy of 8.5" so one sheet of cardstock easily wraps around the outside.  


I used the other two corners from the Wreath die cut when I made the Mother's Day card (quite satisfying by the way to be able to use up all the scraps) to add to the ends.  I used two shades of purple cardstock to build my own sentiment from the Alphabet Retro trio by Elizabeth Craft Designs and the A Way With Words Amazing die.


I tried not to add any 3D embellishment to the box because they are more likely to be damaged from use because it is a pull tab box.  I think if I found one with a lid I'd like to add more 3D flowers and such.

Happy Mother's Day - you are doing an amazing job and there is no one like you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!