Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Slimline Christmas Garland Card

I love decorating my house for Christmas but I have a love/hate relationship with my staircase.  I love the look of the garland along the staircase but putting it up and taking it down is a lot of work.  At least I have gone from twirling it around the wrought iron and banister to just using wires to have loops - way easier.  Every year I wonder if it's worth it but I'm also so picky that I don't let anyone else do it.  But as soon as the boys ask for it, I do it.  :)

Long intro into:  Look, the slimline card is perfect for a garland across!  


I started off with 8.25" x 3.5" layer of white card stock.  I sponged some light green and yellow along the edges for a nice glow in the clean white center.  
 

I divided the card roughly in thirds and drew a soft loop as shown below.  For my garland, I alternated between the soft rounded sprig and then the pinecone.  They were cut with different shades of green card stock,



I added a 1/16" red mat to the layer and then trimmed off the greenery off the edges.  Using the same red, I die cut two of the bows.


For the Merry Christmas, I die cut the Merry Christmas 3 four times.  The fourth layer I die cut out of a sheet of white card stock with a sheet of double sided adhesive on top.  I added Silver Sands Microfine Glitter over the adhesive.  A black card base turned the layer into a card.  I love how it looks in real life - so sparkly!


Definitely putting up the garlands this year!


Supplies used:




Challenges I am playing in:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!