Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Die cut background

 Hello!  I am loving the explosion of Christmas cards I see in my social media.  I find so many that I am inspired by but the downside is that sometimes I forget to "save" or tag somehow and I can't find it again.  This happened to me with a gorgeous card from the Facebook group Slimline Card Addicts.  It was a card with a holly stencil in the background and fat black lines stenciled over it.  I remember it being striking and so I attempted my own version of it.  

I don't have the stencils but I do have a lot of dies so I made my own background with the holly dies by Suzanne Cannon in the set Create A Wreath.  Using my Copic Markers, I colored half of each the holly leaves a darker green. I drew 3 lines across a base layer so I could arrange my dies for maximum effect.  I knew I would use some black satin ribbon over those lines so it was okay if that area was a little empty.


After gluing the pieces down, I wrapped 3 rows of black ribbon around it and then matted it down on a sheet of red cardstock.  I then die cut my Peace on gold foil and black cardstock.  To repeat the holly theme (more of the holly got "lost" than I anticipated) I added two white die cuts of the Flourished Holly.


Though it ended up looking quite different than the card I was inspired by, I think it is still striking and  I love the bold black.  That is not something that is naturally my style. Hope this inspires you to do your own take on a card that you've spotted.  Thanks for looking!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!