Wednesday, March 12, 2014

You are Beautiful


I've been intrigued with this color scheme since I played with it last week so I had to try it again.  I used the SCS Sketch 479 and this beautiful frame and sentiment from Verve's Fabulous You set.  For my blurry background, I stamped the largest of the leaf frond from Verve's New Mercies in Close to Cocoa very lightly and sponged around the edges.  For my pop of red, I added a butterfly (still on my butterfly kick from Verve's inspiration challenge).  But the card didn't feel finished until I added the bow and some bling.  Thanks for looking!

Diana Nguyen, Verve, handmade cards

  

Recipe:
Ink: Versafine onyx black, SU CLose to Cocoa
Dies:  SU Ovals, SU Beautiful Wings Embosslit

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the wide striped ribbon and that butterfly, so bold against the light background. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Diana, this is just stunning! Such a fabulous design! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!