Saturday, September 13, 2014

Watercolor Background

Have you ever watched those watercolor tutorials where they make it look so easy? "Just wet your paper, drop some blues and browns, brush here, dab there" and you've got a woodland scene!  Then you try it and it doesn't look quite the same.  But you use it anyway by trimming by cutting out a piece that doesn't look just terrible.  Or at least that's what I do.  Here I added a quote from ODBD and matted it on navy blue card stock.  I thought about it embellishing it further but I was done with this card.  Lol!


Diana Nguyen, watercolor, Our Daily Bread Designs, Abraham Lincoln quote, card

Recipe:
Paper:  Cranson Watercolor and navy blue cardstock
Accessories:  Watercolors

Challenges I am playing in:




3 comments:

  1. Ha ha. Your end result is quite a beautiful watercolor. I know that YouTube video's can make things so easy but sometimes mine need a lot of doctoring. Praying you have a fun day filled with love and happiness. Thank you for joining our 149th challenge at Word Art Wednesday.

    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this what a pretty scene. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Make Your Own Background Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana - this is so pretty and I love the sentiment as well. I must try this!

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!