Tuesday, December 16, 2014

CCNS63 And the Stockings were hung

Hello!  Today I'm sharing a card I made for this week's The Night Before Christmas challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Would you believe that I started out with a very clean and simple design - just some stockings on one of my favorite simple layout?  But then I wanted to add a fireplace - but didn't have the die for it.  I die-cut Poppy Stamps Grand Madison Window out four times, trimmed off the window lines, stacked them up, and cut off the bottom.  Voila - I now have a fireplace!  But then my fireplace needed a wall - and I do love wainscoting.  The Darice Stripe background embossing folder is perfect for that.  Added some black card stock in the fireplace, hung up some stockings using Poppy Stamps cute stockings (using a bit of felt for die-cutting the top of the stocking).  I love having a wreath over my own fireplace so I had to add one here also using Martha Stewart pine branch punch.  And what Christmas scene would be complete without a little tree.  I fussy cut out a tree from Verve's Holiday Greetings, colored with copics, added some white dots with my gel pen, and then brushed over the tree with my  Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.  I also cut a little bit of gold foil from my stash of SB Precious Metals Craft Foil for my star and pot at the bottom of the fireplace. 

Diana Nguyen, Memory Box, fireplace, stockings, Martha Stewart, Christmas, Verve

 Since I have little kids, I used Memory Box rounded fence as my fireplace covering (I know there is a name for that but I am drawing a total blank as to what it's called!) after I cut some logs inside the fireplace.  I also added a little signage on top of the mantel to fill up the space.  The card is no longer clean and simple but it was a whole lot of fun to make!  Hope you find new ways to use your dies also!

Recipe:
Accessories:  Ribbon, Martha Stewart pine branch punch, gold foil,  felt, Wink of Stella Glitter PenDarice Stripe background embossing folder


3 comments:

  1. Love your card -- reminds me of our old fashioned Christmas'

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous! Such a beautiful Christmas scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Diana! Love the idea of using the frame as a fireplace and the CAS look. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a message!