Friday, September 21, 2018

Oh so many scraps

A LONG LONG time ago, approximately 2 years, I made a quilt card and I did it in the most tedious way possible.  I die cut the same dies over a dozen times to make ONE card.  Considering how now I use both the positive and negative of a die now, it's quite funny.  

But like quilting, with papercrafting comes oh, so many scraps.  So one night I sat down and was determined to use the scraps I had saved... though not very carefully because there was not a complete set of anything.  Haha!  So instead of making a quilt, I glued them in a more graphic and freer pattern and came up with quite a few cards.  I'm showing my favorites here and you can see that I couldn't decide if I wanted to go stark white or a softer gray neutral.

I also went to my collection of word dies and paired them up for my different moods.  (If you knew how much time I waste on finding the perfect font for projects...)



Classy and elegant with Quietfire Design - always my go-to-company for word dies for obvious reasons.


Cute and whimsical with Lawn Fawn.




Sweet and kiddie with Sweet and Sassy Stamps.


Modern and fresh with Altenew.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message!